Monday 7 February 2011

Crackers!

Those of you out there who have grown up off spring, will remember those early years when you always meant to write down some of those magical moment. But some how life gets in the way and before you know it they are adults and you would really rather not make a record of their utterings. But as a grand parent you get a second chance.
My middle grand daughter named me 'Nanny Cracky'. This was because when the three grand children visited me they would enjoy a plate of cream crackers and jam. As you can imagine, this has caused a few raised eyebrows from teachers and parents in the playground at home time. Especially when my youngest grand son couldn't quite pronounce 'Cracky' correctly. It all came to a head when the pre-school supervisor took my daughter to one side, concerned about the words that my grand son was using to describe his Nanny. I have now been renamed 'Nanny Cupcake' , which I find rather cute! Although most of the time, after a weekend with the grandchildren 'Cream Crackered' probably best describes me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment